Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Team of the 80's...



What a find. Jerry rice has always made me uncomfortable when he talks and his verse in this song is no exception. It was easy to like the 49ers when I was 10 and they won every time. Im kind of a fairweather fan. except for the San Francisco Spiders. They werent the best team out on the ice but they IHL hockey was pretty entertaining stuff.

Spinner the Spider always got me pumped. And erections.
With no regard for his own safety, Spinner's trademark move to keep the crowd from leaving was to roll down the stairs at the Cow Palace from the top down to the ice. Spinner was well known for scaling the glass around the ring and interfering with the game. One time my dad and I were walkign up to buy tickets and some bigshot way up high with the organization gave us VIP tickets right up in front of the glass. Some guy brought us down there and it turned out that the VIP were just old couches in front of the glass. The view was still cool with me though. My brother couldnt give a fuck what was going on. He was always trying to break his hotdog eating records. Sometimes your biggest competition is yourself.



these uniforms were pretty awesome.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

season tickets blooood! cow palace for days!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still my favorite site. and 3 posts in one month. adam blew my spot. so i m thinking it might be awkward if a see you

10:43 AM  
Blogger bolinas said...

hahaha. man that whole paragraph about spinner the spider is a fucking masterpiece. especially the way you ended it. "My brother couldnt give a fuck what was going on. He was always trying to break his hotdog eating records. Sometimes your biggest competition is yourself."
especially that last line man, i dunno why but that shit makes me smile every time i read the paragraphy. the adjective 'artful' comes to mind.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you have that mike dream-equipto song over the kanye beat?

email it to me if you do: plug1@whatimseeing.com

im tryin to do the post tomorrow.

word, thanks hube.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

niners video reminds me of this


http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2008/11/rams.html

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- Site Meter XHTML Strict 1.0 -->